Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Reward of Teaching...


I always start reading through a stack of my classroom evaluations with a sense of trepidation, yet as I carefully ease through each response, I always end up feeling better than ever regarding my ability to connect with and encourage my students.
At the very heart of it, I’ve felt that teaching is an act of love - love, in that all-encompassing sense in which we strive to share our craft through…not knowledge, but passion.  
When my students show their appreciation for the moments we have shared in forming knowledge/creativity/fun, my heart swells. There may be stressful, painfully unwinding moments in academia, but I am always reminded that I am where I want to be, and on the right path.  

a refreshingly enjoyable student comment from a course evaluation.

No comments: