Monday, February 13, 2012

Gotye feat. Metafisix and Kimbra - "Somebody I Used to Know" (DJ Kue Remix)

I've realized that my philosophy to music listening/enjoyment isn't exactly the same as others (which is totally acceptable, by the way. I wouldn't accept anything less). While I have my favorite artists and genres, I simply have to be exploring for new music constantly.  I have several websites where I'm always taking music suggestions, but mostly I really love to see how artists approach, create, and sometimes re-create material. When it comes to music, I really love it when people can get together and collaborate. I'm talking about original content, avant garde-genre defining, enigmatic, "mashups," remixes (see my "Rainy Dayz" post, for example), "bootlegs," homages, and so on.

My buddy Ray, a.k.a. Metafisix worked with DJ Kue to make a very enjoyable remix of Gotye's "Somebody I used to Know" feat. Kimbra. You can listen to the original here: Somebody I Used to Know. I had first heard this track during one of my very own "musical safaris," and happened to really enjoy both the song and video very much. I was amazed to first hear of my friend working on a remix project with this awesome teaser video released last week on facebook:

                                         

Make sure to support both artists, Dj Kue, who you can find on his website, and Metafisix, who is a member of Fuyaradio.

Now, presenting:

GOTYE feat. Metafisix - Somebody I Used To Know (It's The DJ Kue Remix!)



Also, be on the lookout for Fuyaradio and Faceless Ent this March on Tour. 


P.S. I highly recommend "Mother Superior" from Metafisix, check it out on bandcamp and download today! 
Download at Bandcamp: Metafisix "Mother Superior"


Please support Local Arts

- Rich

No comments: